OFF-CAMPUS ACCESS TO THE ICIPE LIBRARY E-RESOURCES THROUGH EZPROXY
What is EZproxy?
EZproxy is a web based proxy server used by libraries to give remote access to restricted e-databases that authenticate users by IP address. This allows library patrons at home or elsewhere to log in through their library's EZproxy server and gain access to the electronic bibliographic databases and similar e-resources to which the library subscribes.
icipe's e-resource databases (ONLINE JOURNALS) have been registered with the EZproxy server for remote access.
- Go to EZproxy Log in Page: https://icipe.idm.oclc.org/login
- Log in with your icipe username and password (For the username do not add @icipe.org for example just put amwanzu instead of email@example.com)
- Go directly to the Database Menu on the page : select the resources you want by directly clicking on it.
- For specific resources for which you know the URL, put the URL after the EZproxy prefix i.e. http://icipe.idm.oclc.org/login?url=www.someone.com
- Practically for the EDS resource this is what you will put after the EZproxy URL: http://icipe.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?authtype=ip,uid&profile=eds&groupid=main
If you have a problem logging in then please contact the icipe library for assistance. Contact Us